Sunday, August 28, 2011

Perfect Tuna Sandwich: Creamy, Crunchy, Savory

I've always loved tuna sandwiches and have made it many ways. This is probably the default way I make it because I've found this formula to be fail-proof. It's creamy, it's crunchy, and it has a yummy, savory flavor to it. I love the lightly toasted bread, the melty cheese, and the lettuce and tomato (and occasional pickles). These are the quantities I used to make the tuna "salad", but if it seems like too much of something or not enough of the other, you make it to your tastes!

Tuna "salad"
1/3 cup minced onion (use a mild onion, or leftover)
1/3 cup minced celery
5 oz can of chunk light tuna
1.5 - 2 tbsp mayo
1.5 - 2 tbsp softened cream cheese
1/2 tsp Badia complete seasoning (I use this with just about everything)

Sandwich stuff:
Lightly toasted bread (once the tuna salad is done)
Slice of American cheese (or other- provolone sounds nice!)
Slice of tomato
Lettuce


I shop at Costco these days, so I'm stocked with cream cheese and mayo to last for ages.


Throw all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix with a fork until creamy and well- blended.


This stuff would go good on crackers.


There you are. Toast your bread to your liking (we used Oatmeal bread) and place the cheese slice between the piping hot toast to melt. After it has softened/melted a bit, throw your tomato & lettuce and pile on the tuna. I added pickles, too. It's a classic tuna sandwich in my book!

1 comment:

  1. I followed this recipe successfully! Hurray, I'm cooking!

    ReplyDelete