Monday, September 12, 2011

Amigurumi Cupcake

It's really hard to stop once you start. Knitting, that is. It's addictive. When you see the things you can make with two needles and some yarn, it feels like some sort of magic. When you see what you can make with five needles at once, the possibilities are endless! You can make 3-dimensional objects with a bunch of wooden stitcks and some string!



This cupcake was the first thing I ever knit with DPNs (Double Pointed Needles). I finished it before I finished my mermaid, and between the acquisition of Knitting Mochimochi and Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi. You can guess what that means. I will be making so many things now. Bwahahahaha.... (does it sound like an evil laugh when I'm talking about such adorable things?)

Here's what it looked like coming together. I always think I should take more pics but never do. Huh.


This is the same yarn I used for the flesh tone of Mermaid # 2. I added extra height to the base, deviating slightly from the pattern.


I added cardboard to the bottom and picot edges.


I cross-referenced many different patterns and ended up using some tips from other Ravelry users here and there, like the decreases at the top and the picot edges. One of the many great things about Ravelry.


There you go. What will I make next, hmmmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment